Friday, June 8, 2007

Backyard Attack

There has been much attack in my backyard lately. First, I noticed a squirrel running along the top rail of our wood fence...and then birds dive bombing the squirrel in shameful attack. Then I saw birds attacking other birds (trust me, it wasn't love...there was anger in their dispositions). And that's not to mention the live traps we've set to eradicate our chipmunk population, the trampoline wars and squirt guns. War in my own backyard...!

Today I watched a robin looking for worms in the grass through a gentle rain. Suddenly, another bird swooped in. I quickly anticipated another battle, but to my delight, the swooping bird, another robin, landed right beside the first, dropped something out of its mouth for the first bird and then flew away.

It gave me a fresh perspective of community, caring for each other, spewing out love for each other. It was a good reminder of Philippians 2:4, "Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others."

No comments: