Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Have you had enough?

Do you ever feel like today's trouble is so much that you can't take anymore?

GOD SAYS THAT'S TRUE!

Jesus said in Matthew 6.34 (NLT), "Today's trouble is enough for today." And because today has enough trouble, "don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries."

Now isn't that encouraging???
Well, it IS...only if you can really give yourself over to the verse before it. Matthew 6.33 (NLT) says, "he will give you all you need from day to day...." But, there is a catch. The rest of the verse provides the qualifier: "...if you live for him and make the kingdom of God your primary concern."

Wow! That's quite a calling. Think about it (go ahead and make a list):

What or Who did you live for today?
What were your concerns today?

What made the top of your list(s)?

Can you confidently say that today you have lived for him AND you have made the kingdom of God your primary concern? What a challenge.

We need to make the kingdom of God our primary concern. Our sanity, our peace, our very lives depend on it.

Tomorrow I can start fresh and, by his grace, choose the direction of my life. When I awake, I will choose to live my day for him, to make the kingdom of God my primary concern, believing with unwavering confidence that he will take care of every one of my needs for the day.

No comments: