Friday, August 29, 2008

Clash of Hope comes to LifeCare

I'm wrapping up our current LifeCare group (Healing Tears) over these next couple weeks (but don't worry, it will be back). On Sept. 18th, however, I will begin a new group using my book Clash of Hope*. Having never led a group using this book before, I'm very excited to finally go through it with a group of women. Clash of Hope approaches the issue of relational conflict and pursues God's perspective on the issue. Writing the book was very rewarding...and now I get to process through it with some others...studying some biblical examples (both good and bad) and situations of conflict, sharing some of my own stories of course, digging into our own "stuff", exploring our feelings and beliefs about conflict, allowing conflict to "work for us", etc. One of my favorite parts of the book, however, is the part where we disect the armor of God and determine what each part is, how it functions and how to use it as God intended. If you'd like to join me on this 3 month journey, feel free to reply on this blog, or email me if you have my email address.

I hope you'll join me as we see how conflict can have hope and even move us toward peace and the realization that "you have been given fullness in Christ" (Colossians 2.10).


*To order a copy of Clash of Hope, go to www.carepointministry.com/conflict.html

No comments: