Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Aloneness

I've been juggling my time between editing and writing a workbook on conflict resolution. The last few days I've focussed on the editing, but I'm so torn because I have to get them both done, and I want to do both, yet I'm overflowing with thoughts on the conflict resolution chapter I'm on. It's focussed on the armor of God, and I just can't wait to get all my thoughts out. Here's a synopsis: This morning, much was coming to me about ALONENESS.

There's a song called Come To Me by Celine Dion that says,
"And the seven seas you sail
All the winding road you're on
Leave you lost and feeling all alone
Let my heart be your beacon home."

And Jesus said in John 16.32,
"But the time is coming--in fact, it is already here--when you will be scattered, each one going his own way, leaving me alone. Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me."

We can relate, at times, to the first three lines of the song, and the first sentence in Jesus' words. As Christians, we have Satan as our enemy, and he wants us to get stuck in those beginnings--those tragedies. But the truth is in the last lines: We have a safe place to rest in God's heart, and there, we are not alone.

Whatever we believe will impact what we do...how we move in life. A friend just reminded me that the primary initiation of all of our physical movement comes from our waist area. It's fitting then, that in the armor of God, the belt of truth covers the center of all our movement...that is, what we believe will determine our action. If you believe you're alone, you will likely despair. But if, even in your aloneness, you realize you are certainly not alone, there is amazing peace, and you will move in that peace.

I must end that thought there for now. But feel free to share your thoughts or experiences on it.

Till soon......

No comments: